https://www.honeymoonregistry.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Logo.svg 0 0 Andrew Hughes https://www.honeymoonregistry.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Logo.svg Andrew Hughes2019-10-14 19:44:572019-10-14 19:45:00Honeymoon destination of the week: Bora Bora, Tahiti.
- HOW: It’s a direct 4-5 hour flight from Auckland to Tahiti’s main island, then a short 50 minute flight on Air Tahiti to Bora Bora. Most hotels arrange a ferry to greet you at the airport to take you to their hotel.
- WHAT: Highlights include swimming with the sharks and rays (a must!), luxurious overwater bungalows, delicious French cuisine, crystal clear waters and spectacular snorkelling coral gardens.
- WHEN: November and April – these are the short shoulder seasons either side of the peak season that offer fine weather but aren’t quite as expensive.
- WHERE: This isn’t a cheap destination. The Four Seasons ranks the highest but we can’t fault the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.
- WHY: Tahiti also offers many other islands of interest such as Moorea which is also spectacular but has more of a rustic vibe. It would be easy to spend 2+ weeks island hopping in Tahiti.